Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Mother's Day!

Boy, did I feel loved for my first Mother's Day! Jeff did such a great job to make sure I had a wonderful, special day! To start off, I decided to run the Calgary Mother's Day Race. It benefits the NICUs in Calgary, including the one that Boone was at in the Rockyview Medical Center. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to give back just a bit to a facility that did so much for our little guy.


Before the race! It was an early morning for everyone!

It was the first run I did since having Boone, so I was a little nervous. But I just made my goal to finish the race without walking and I did just that! It was great to have Boone and Jeff there with me!


Boone rode around in the hiking backpack so he could see what was going on!


The starting line! Someone said this was the largest number 
of participants the race had ever had!


Heading towards the finish line! 
I'm sure at this point I was thankful to almost be finished.


Boone had lots of love for me after the race!


My guys. Couldn't be more thankful.




Once the race was over, we headed home for one of Jeff's wonderful homemade breakfasts! He does a mean omelet or scrambled egg! :) It is becoming sort of a tradition to do breakfast one day each weekend! I hope it continues and it's something that Boone can look forward to as he grows up!

After that, we relaxed and played outside for a bit! Just had a fun day as a family. Couldn't really have asked for much more! And to top it off, Jeff had Boone "sign" a card for me and he let me book an appointment to get a pedicure when we headed to Montana the next weekend.

Being a mom is the toughest and most fun job I've ever had! It has already had many hard moments, but each day is filled with something that makes me smile. I'm so thankful that God entrusted me to be Boone's mom. It's a gift that is so dear and precious to me and each day I really try to not take it for granted at all.
                                                                                                         

And a little note to Boone if at some point down the road he decides to look through this: You are the greatest thing that has ever happened to your Dad and I! We love you more and more each day! I'm so honored to be able to say I'm Boone Robertson's mom and I can't wait to see all the amazing things that God has in store for your life!

Lots of Love,

Emily, Jeff and Boone-Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment