Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Thorntonfest!

One thing I love about the area we live in is all the free community activities that it offers and they are usually geared toward families. We decided to check out the Thortonfest with some friends after I ran in the Cottonwood Classic, the 5k for the festival, earlier that morning, . (Sidenote- I won 3rd place for my age group... That says more about the lack of talent of others in my age group than in my talent, but oh well!) We had a lot of fun and everything (besides the food) was free!


Checking out the petting zoo. There was actually a cow roaming around the petting zoo..


There were some kiddos pulling the grass up and trying to feed it to the bunny, so of course, Boone decided he needed to get in on the action! He followed around a bunny at the park the next day trying to feed him grass too! 


Our friend Yliana and her daughter Lainey.


Lainey riding the ponies.



Boone took a turn too.


Ryan carrying Sawyer.


Riding with Boone in the train. We weren't sure he was big enough to ride in a car by himself, but...


he got his turn with his friend, Renner.


Boone and Renner checking out the trash truck.

We had beautiful day to check out Thorntonfest, and I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't completely packed. We had a lot of fun! Looking forward to more fun, summer events!

No comments:

Post a Comment